RAMBLINGS ON THE SABBATH AND UPDATE ON DARRIN ADAM JAMES 2026

Hello everyone, ConnieLynn aka. Connie Lynn Johnston at birth, here.  It is a beautiful Sabbath (Saturday) Day in the northeastern part of the state of Oklahoma.  As most of you know, I live in a small town of about 1,800 people.  We are part of the metropolitan area of Tulsa, Oklahoma.  To me it is not clear why we are considered part of Tulsa.  We are about 30 to 35 miles west of Tulsa on State Highway 412.  The town is about 20 miles south of Claremore, Oklahoma on State Highway 88.  I don't know why I felt the need to say all of that.  One more tidbit about the Town of Inola (Enola in Territorial days.)  It was established in the Indian Territory days before statehood.  Oklahoma Statehood was in 1907.  Inola is known as a boom town.  Do you know what a boom town is?  Many towns in Oklahoma sprung up due to the building of railroads across the state.  Inola (Enola) sprung up in the 1800s.  So did the city of Tulsa.  To see the two now days, it is hard to imagine that Inola was bigger than Tulsa to start with.  Tulsa boomed and Inola slowly decreased in size town wise and population.

Now to my next subject.  Update on Darrin Adam James.  Darrin was born March 13, 1971 in Tulsa, Oklahoma to David "Gene" James and "Judi" Jewel Alice Thomasson.  He was the youngest and seventh child of the family.  He grew up in Coweta, Oklahoma graduating  from Coweta High School in 1989.  He was 6 years old when his oldest brother Rick and I got married in 1977.  Darrin moved to the state of Florida for about a year or so.  Moved back home and later to Tulsa.  While living in Tulsa he was diagnosed with stomach cancer.  Later he visited Texas and decided to move to San Antonia, Texas, where he remained for a few years.  I had lost contact with him for a few years and finally reconnected on Facebook in about 2008.  When we reconnected he had been living and working in San Antonio for about 5 years.  I am not totally sure my timeline is correct.  I was in touch with him until 2013.  The last time I heard from him he was posting his cancer was back but not stomach cancer.  It was all over his body.  I am assuming lymphoma.  He had posted that he was coming back for a Class reunion and wanted to see everyone before it was too late.  I am assuming again, he felt like it was the end for him.  

Without much of a notice, he stopped contacting me.  I called the place he said he worked, but they couldn't tell me where he was at or where he had moved.  They did confirmed he had worked for them.  I started calling hospitals because he last posted he was in a Baptist Hospital in San Antonio.  I called that hospital and a few others, none having a patient named Darrin Adam James.  This began to make me feel very uneasy.  The thoughts in my head were, had he died of cancer?  I had no proof, just silence.  A few of his classmates posted Happy Birthday to him in the month of March for a few years.  No response.  Finally I came up with the idea to contact the Vital records department of Texas, to see if there was a death certificate for him.  I didn't have any luck.  I even contacted the pastor of one of our churches in San Antonia to see if he could find out anything on him.  That was a dead end.  

Fast forward to about 2016 or so, I don't recall exactly.  My hubby, Rick was driving in Tulsa and thought he saw Darrin on the street.  He was pretty sure it was him.  That was only one time.  Later he contacted a cousin of mine that was a private detective to check out where Darrin was living.  She gave him an address which was in Tulsa.  That is the last information we have.  Then in March of 2026, Rick was in the hospital and had surgery.  Our oldest daughter and our great granddaughter came to the hospital for his surgery.  She told her dad, Darrin had contacted her about a year and a half ago.  She had never told him this information before.  So to the best of my knowledge Darrin is alive and well living in Tulsa.  He has never contacted anyone else in the family, at least not that we know of.  It was a relief to know he was still living.  He turned 55 this past March. 

Hope you are enjoying my blog.  I enjoy sharing with you here on my blog.  May God bless and keep you till the end of this age and beyond.  Happy Sabbath.  

"STARLIGHT" cj


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE HORRIFYING CASE OF THE ASHCROFT SISTERS

HISTORY OF THE CHURCH OF GOD (SEVENTH DAY) (2025)

PROPOSED SPRING VALE ACADEMY